Sebastian Büttrich is the Dasya Lab Manager, responsible for
- Managing the Dasya (Data Intensive Systems and Applications) Lab
- Coordinating tasks between Researchers and the IT department
- Enabling experimental digital technology – from acquisition to maintenance
- System and application development
- Management of student programmers
Focus areas include:
- IoT and Sensors
- Physical computing
- (Wireless) Networks
- IT and Sustainable Energy
- Open and Free Software
Aside from his work at the IT University, Sebastian is working with The Network Startup Resource Center, http://nsrc.org , as trainer and network developer.
Sebastian holds a Ph.D. in physics from the Technical University of Berlin in Germany, with a focus on optics, radio spectroscopy, photovoltaic systems and scientific programming. He loves and plays music, is fascinated and engaged with text, language and poetry in many forms.